Help make sure your ride is a safe one
by being properly prepared.
• Another person riding with you
Friendly attitude & good trail manners: yield to hikers and horses, and stay on designated trails.
• More food (make friends!)
PACKHORSE BONUS: Extra gloves, socks, jersey and bike tools. Cell phones can help reduce emergency response time. Don’t rely on consistent signal, though.
• Yet more water — you should have drunk all the water you were biking with.
• A change of dry/clean clothes for after the ride. It’s nice to get out of your grimy duds, plus, it shows consideration for the person who is giving you a ride home!
• Consider packing a towel or something to wash off with.
• Large plastic bags to dump all your wet muddy stuff into is a good bet too.
Bring a few bucks for post-ride eating and socializing!